The Neil Mackay conference has been RESCHEDULED to TUES 4th May 2021 due to cancelling this year because of the coronavirus outbreak. The treasurer will be in touch with ticket holders in due course to confirm this and discuss refunds.
Tuesday 4th May 2021 Conference
Get it right for Dyslexia – get it right for all!
Speaker: Neil Mackay
(Keynote speaker at the British Dyslexia Association Feb 2020 conference)
This conference is about how to implement inclusive practices for students who think faster than they read, write and spell.
- Very practical workshop setting – full of things to do/try tomorrow to raise the achievement of students with Dyslexic Type Learning Needs in unsupported mainstream settings
- Solution focused approaches to address poor working memory, slow speed of processing, cognitive overload etc for our students who typically think faster than they deliver
- Inclusive solutions in the form of high impact accommodations for students who are on the Dyslexia Spectrum, usually without a formal label and who:
- use jargon words appropriately but who struggle to spell at that level
- comprehend better than they decode – or decode better than they comprehend
- can talk a great narrative but struggle to get it down on paper.
By the end of the presentation participants will “do” all the activities and have time to discuss and reflect.